CHILD CHAMPION OFFICER
- Posted By brites management
CHILD CHAMPION OFFICER
NATURE OF JOB
KSH 35,000 – 40,000
Duties and Responsibilities
· General oversight of the child champions in their day-to-day work performance, schedules etc.;
· Building, coordinating and engendering teamwork amongst the child champion;
· Leading, training, motivating and building the competence of the child champions to become highly involved, motivated and intentional parents in the lives of the kids in every way. Train them on N. V’s discipline measures, incident reporting, body boundaries, policies, healthy effective parenting etc.
· Ensuring the child champions are willing to learn and put into practice all of N. V’s expectations. Ensure these expectations and NV’s general framework (policies, methods, protocols) on how they should go about accomplishing their tasks is clear to the child champions.
· Constantly dialogue and communicate with the child champions on issues concerning their work, roles, kid’s welfare, their work schedules, and all aspects of parenting.
· Proactively keep your eyes on everything concerning caregiving: be in the know about everything happening in the department. Manage by walking around day/night, constantly focusing on preventive rather than reactive strategies in all children and caregiving matters (prevention is better than cure);
· Ensuring the welfare, safety and health of the children is held paramount at all times by all child champions.
· Attend all required N.V. leadership, general, departmental and spiritual staff meetings.
· Ensure all “life skills” training required for the kids (e.g. fire drills, lockdown drills, potty training, body boundaries training etc.) and regular routines (e.g. homework, devotions etc.) are undertaken as scheduled.
· Lead the child champion team in ensuring the kids have healthy age-appropriate programs and schedules that highly motivate them to grow and develop in their academic endeavors, talents, leadership, social skills, spiritual development, compassionate care and taking pride in the care of their living environment, compound, and in developing an overall positive outlook to life.
· Any other duties that may be assigned to you by the child champion manager or CTF from time to time.
Key Requirements Skills, experience and qualification
· 5+ years’ experience working with children in a Charitable Children’s Institution or children’s ministry.
· Expertise in child development and child protection.
· Diploma in education, social work, counselling and guidance and/or related field.
· Appropriate leadership and management training and experience
· Preferred Skills and Abilities
· Experience developing and implementing programming for children;
· Knowledge of best practices in child development and proactive, intentional parenting;
· Ability to adapt and thrive in a high functioning work environment;
· Staff supervision and scheduling experience;
· Excellent organizational, time-management, and multitasking skills;
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills;
· Ability to build relationships with, lead and motivate diverse groups of people to accomplish tangible results;
· Action oriented, self-motivated and purposeful management style;
· Firm and strong, attentive, preemptive rather than reactive leadership approach;
· Ability to observe, identify and solve problems in a timely manner;
HOW TO APPLY
- Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.