Medical Specialist II Job. Kenyatta National Hospital
- Posted By Brites Management Services
JOB GROUP K4
The Medical Specialist II (Paediatric Cardiologist) will be responsible to the Chief Medical Specialist/Head of Department and will be expected to take full responsibility for patients under his/her care.
- Reviewing patients and instructing in writing all the recommendations;
- Undertaking “First-on-Call” duties including clerking, investigating and managing patients.
- Conducting weekly clinic and theatre days.
- Training, supervising and mentoring Medical Officers, Medical Intern and other students.
- Performing emergency surgeries.
- Undertaking medico-legal duties including filling of P.3 forms, court attendance and performing post mortems.
- Undertaking medical examinations and preparing Medical Board Proceedings;
- Carrying out community diagnosis, care and treatment.
- Ensuring data and information is collected, transmitted and utilized to benefit of the customer and service provider.
- Conducting disease surveillance, prevention and control.
- Professional Indemnity Cover.
- Carrying out health education and promotion; and
- Preparing medical reports.
- Masters Degree in Paediatrics from the University of Nairobi or any other recognized University.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.Ch.B) degree from a recognized institution by the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board.
- Fellowship training in Paediatric Cardiology.
- Training in Interventional cardiology will be an added advantage.
- Proven experience of not less than one (1) year at the level of Medical Specialist.
- Specialist recognition certificate from the Medical Practitioners’ and Dentist Board
- Registration Certificate by the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board.
- Valid practicing license from Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board.
- Retention in the Medical Practitioners and Dentist Board register.
- Professional Indemnity Cover.
- Evidence in knowledge and proficiency in computer applications.
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
- Effective communication skills.
- Policy and strategic implementation.
- Risk Management.
- Technical competence.
- Decision-making and problem solving skills.
- High standards of professional ethics.
- Managerial, administrative and supervisory skills.
- Coping with pressure and setbacks.
- Project planning and management.
How To Apply
Those interested in applying for the declared vacancies and meet the job specifications are required to apply online and MUST submit a hard copy of the Hospital application form available in the website with copies of certificates and testimonials on or before 24th April 2019 to the address below:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta National Hospital
P.O Box 20723-00202
“Kenyatta National Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and qualified candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply”.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and must present the following documents during the interview:-
A certificate of good conduct from the National Police Service
- EACC Clearance
- Credit Reference Bureau Clearance
- HELB Compliance
- KRA Tax Compliance
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification